Wednesday, March 29, 2006

We Interrupt This Broadcast...

That's not the end of camping! But I just ran across this article about the Christian peacemakers who were freed by the military on David Koyzis' website. I'm quite familiar with the Christian Peacemaker Teams. They gave us a tour around Hebron, an extremely violent area of the West Bank in Israel-Palestine, when we took a trip there during my semester in Egypt in college. I was so impressed with them that I attended a peacemaking conference at a Mennonite farm in Indiana after I returned. Their dedication to the cause of peace is amazing - they literally put their lives on the line "fighting" for it. The CPT website has more information, statements, and stories from both the freed hostages and the one who was killed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home