Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Text of my Installation Service

SERVICE FOR THE INSTALLATION OF MEIKA WEISS Presentation of the Candidate Byron, to Pastor Suetake: After prayerful deliberation, we of Meito Lutheran Church certify that Meika Weiss has been appointed to serve as ­­­­interim lay minister. (Byron presents Meika to Pastor Suetake.) Pastor Suetake, to Meika: Our Lord, who came among us as a servant, calls us to faith and a life of loving service to our neighbor. You stand among us as one called to render a particular service, a gift from God to inspire us to love and good works. Reading of the Word: I Peter 4:8-11 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.  Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.  Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.  If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. Pastor Suetake questions Meika: Pastor Suetake: Will you assume this ministry in the confidence that it comes from God? Meika: I will, and I ask God to help me. Pastor Suetake: Will you carry out this ministry in accordance with the teachings and practice of this church? Meika: I will, and I ask God to help me. Pastor Suetake: Will you be diligent in your study of the Holy Scriptures and faithful in your use of the means of grace and in prayer? Meika: I will, and I ask God to help me. Pastor Suetake: Will you trust in God’s care, seek to grow in love for those you serve, strive for excellence in your skills, and adorn the Gospel of God with a godly life? Meika: I will, and I ask God to help me. Pastor Suetake: Almighty God, who has given you the will to do these things, graciously give you the strength and compassion to perform them. Congregation: Amen. Pastor Suetake: Let us pray. Gracious God, as you have called workers to varied tasks in the world and in your Church, so you have called this your servant to this ministry. Grant her joy and a spirit of bold trust, that her work may stir up a life of fruitful service in the people of this congregation; through your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. Blessing Pastor Suetake: Almighty God, our heavenly Father, guide, bless, and keep you, that you may be faithful in the ministry to which you have been called. Congregation: Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home